Over the past couple of months, I’ve been spending time planning what’s next for Horizon Comms in 2021. After listening to your feedback and revisiting ideas I had to put on the back burner, I’m excited to share the following opportunities for the new year.
If you’re starting out in your career or have a limited budget available these workshops are for you.
Discovery session – Join for an honest conversation about the internal comms profession. Each session provides you with the opportunity to find out more about:
- the role and responsibilities of an internal comms junior professional
- internal comms channels and content methods
- useful resources and training
- continued professional development on a budget
Welcome day – The aim of the day is to not only provide you with a space to reflect but provide you with an introduction to
- content planning,
- channel management,
- measurement tools and models,
- wellbeing tips for communicators, and
- starting a CPD plan,
CPD focus session – Using a step by step process and with the support of the Horizon CPD platform you’ll work through
- identifying the development areas you would like to focus on,
- setting yourself a 30, 60 and 90 plan to achieve your annual goals, and
- exploring what support and resources you need to achieve your CPD plan.
You can find all the details of the workshops here including booking links.
When I first thought about finding a mentor, I had no idea about who to approach or what exactly I was needing to ask. With this in mind I’ve registered with the CIPR Career Starter mentoring programme. For many, mentoring is an excellent way to help explore career aspirations, overcome challenges and have a sounding board. As a mentee myself, my mentor helps to keep me focused and on track with my development.
CIPR students can find all details here.
Stay in touch
I’d love to hear your thoughts about ways Horizon Comms can support you. Do connect with me on Twitter, LinkedIn or Guild and my direct messages are always open to chat about ideas and suggestions you have.